Me feeling good after the epidural
We tried to get some rest, but I couldn't sleep with all beeping machines and monitors, but Juan was snoring away. =) At 3am we called family to let them know it would be a few hours, because I was dilating pretty fast. At 8am I was fully dilated 100% effaced and the baby had dropped even more to a +1 or +2, but my water hadn't broken yet. We called family to make sure they were coming and cus it was gonna be any minute pretty much. My dr. got there a lil after 8am and broke my water. I asked him if I could wait to start pushing cus my family still wasn't there and Brooke, Jami and my Mom were supposed to be in the room to help and take pictures. So he left and came back about an hour later.
Excited and ready for Leyna to come
Mean while, once my family got there the nurse had me start pushing. It was so weird cus I could feel pressure, but that was it. Epidurals are the best!!! Once she said you could see the head and that there was a lot of hair she told Juan to look, so he did. Then we continued pushing and Juan looks at me and said he didn't feel good. He was at my side holding my leg up as I was pushing. He called Brooke over to take his place. He then looked at me and he was white as a ghost. Then suddenly he started falling over almost on top of me. Luckily Brooke was there to catch him and steer him away and he slid down on the floor. MY HUSBAND FAINTED!!! I was so scared! I started crying and going hysterical while everyone else was laughing about it. It was kinda hard to laugh while I'm sitting here having our baby and I didn't know if he was even gonna be able to be by my side...He came to within a few seconds. But I was still in shock. Everyone was trying to calm me down, while my husband is on the floor. Once he was laying on the floor he opened his eyes and said "whoa, that was weird." Everyone was laughing, even him, but not me. Finally they got him up and sat him in a chair next to me, and got him some food. They weren't sure if he fainted cus of the lack of food or if it was to sight of me pushing out a baby. Either way once he was better they wouldn't let him look at her coming out again. =) At 9am my dr. came back. After 30 minutes of pushing, with a snip(epesiotomy) and 1 or 2 more pushes, on Thursday, May 22 @ 9:09am our lil angel, Leyna, was born. She was born not making a sound, but then the dr. made her cry. It was such an awesome, beautiful thing so see my baby girl for the first time. When we looked back at the video, Juan was just smiling so big, and was balling. She was so perfect and beautiful. Juan got to cut the cord and they laid her on my stomach and the second she laid on me she peed. (Little did we know that was a taste of what was to come. She is a pee monster. Almost every time her diaper is off she pees, and she does a poopie a lot too.) =)
Recovery has gone well. Now I just can't wait till she sleeps longer through the night, so I can actually get some sleep...Besides the lack of sleep, we are enjoying every minute of this beautiful daughter of God. She has such a sweet spirit and is so cute. You can't look at her without smiling. =) Especially when she is smiling back at you.



7 comments:
Love that story. Having gone through labor and delivery yourself makes you want to hear the details of everyone else's stories. I can't believe Juan fainted. That happens in the movies, not in real life. That's pretty funny.
Now, more pictures of the baby, please!
I am so glad that you posted your story! I love hearing birthing stories it always takes me back... Alright so now that you have posted your story, POST MORE PICTURES!!!!! You should be putting millions of pictures up of that little angel.
It was good to get the new info on your blog. It will be even better to see some new pictures.
oh my gosh Cami she is so cute and I am so happy for you both, well that is kinda funny he fainted... post more pics of her soon, I seriously miss you living in utah. Next time you come here let me know so we can catch up!!! on old times like our boating adventure.LOL
I hadn't heard the fainting story....that's pretty funny!!! I'm glad everything is going well with your recovery, and hopefully we'll get to see her sometime!!!
I am so excited to see you guys and Leyna! Just a few more days!
Thanks for finally sharing it. I just love to hear other women's birthing stories. Juan fainting was classic! I agree, epidurals are the best. Since I've had a baby without one and 2 with I'd get one every time. Welcome to the miracle of birth and motherhood.
Post a Comment