Leyna turned 6 months old on November 22, so I am almost a month behind. I just haven't had time. We were in Utah on her 6 month birthday visiting family and friends. We were pretty busy trying to see all our friends and family so I didn't have much time to do any posts while we were there. Well, what was supposed to be a 1 week trip to Utah turned into 2 weeks for Leyna, Brooke, Alaura and I since Brooke had kidney stones and had to recover before we went home. Our husbands went home to get back to work and make that money. Once we got home it just seemed like life still didn't slow down. We were home for a week and I was finally getting settle and unpacked and then we had to pack up and leave again for Juan's job. I was home alone with Leyna for a few days and didn't like it one bit. I had to get somethings done for Brooke's baby shower and soon as I was done I hurried out here to be with Juan. We are staying in Yuba City, which is north of Sacramento. It is usually about a 5 hour drive, but with Leyna it took me over 7 hours. Then we had to get settled in to our trailer. Now I've been trying to get things done for Christmas, but today I made myself take some time to do a post. I have so many pics I want to share with everyone. Now time for Updates...
When we got home from Utah Leyna went to her 6 month check up on December 11 and she weighed 17lbs. 3oz. and was 27 1/2 inches long. She gained another pound! She is now in the 90% for her heighth and 75% for her weight. She is growing so fast. She is still doing the army crawl and is getting very quick. She puts herself up on all fours but when she wants to move she just plopps her self back on her tummy. I am waiting for her to just take off crawling one of these days, I think it's gonna be soon. I think her top front teeth are wanting to come in now too. She is getting a little fussier and half the time she wont nurse until I've given her teething tablets. Here's some pics from her 6th month.
In her pretty Sunday dress. I can never seem to get any real good pics of her smiling in her Sunday dresses cus I always do it after church and by that time she is not in a happy mood and ready to take a nap. I usually get 1 or 2 pics of her before she starts fussing.
First time using a sippy cup
This is what I get to wake up to every morning. She always wakes up in such a good mood. Everytime I go get her out of bed she gives me the biggest smile. What a great way to start the day!
"Reading"

Such an innocent face
Drinking out of the sippy all by herself. She used to just bite it and get water all over herself, but now she does better.
One of the many cheap/free ways of entertainment-a wrapper from my granola bar
Another form of entertainment. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother buying her toys. =) She seems to have more fun with anything that is NOT a toy.

More interesting than a toy, but diffidently not cheap. =)

Just Chillaxin. I don't know if you can tell, but she has her feet up on the tray.
Isn't this just the cutest face to see. This was after a nap one day. She usually always wakes up soooo happy.
So I'm a bad mom and I love giving Leyna tastes of different foods. I think it's funny to see how she reacts. She hasn't had much of a reaction to many foods, but this face was after mashed potatoes. Probably a taste she isn't used to.

What a big girl! At 5 1/2 months she started sitting in a high chair. It is soooo nice being able to put her in a high chair when we go out to eat. I LOVE it!
The last time we were out of town we stayed in a hotel. This is how I kept her while I was getting ready. I wouldn't put her on the hotel floors cus they are just dirty to me, and I couldn't sit her on the bed cus she can now crawl off the edge. This was the best thing I could come up with, and it actually worked VERY well.
First time playing with a balloon. She liked it alot, but was more interested in the string.
For some reason this girly is facinated with shoes. Probably cus it's not a toy and something I would rather not have her play with. =)
Another beautiful Sunday dress, and again not very happy.
Just a cute picture. I love the outfit, especially the boots she is wearing, They are my favorite! I totally have a weakness for baby shoes. Also, again she isn't playing with a toy, she is holding her teething tablets. She seems to love this and the tylenol bottle the most.
Making that mind grow. She is getting so smart. Doesn't she look like she is really reading?
Cheesy smile!
And we'll end with a BIG happy smile....This is the cheesy grin she started doing as soon as those bottom teeth came in. If you look real close you might be able to see them.
6 comments:
Golly she is growing up so fast. the pictures are so cute, it is great that she is such a happy baby.
Sounds like it has been quite busy. I love all the personality you can see in leyna's pictures. She is just so cute!!!!
She is so cute as usual! I miss you guys... can't you just hurry and move to utah??
hey camie you need to show a picture of your short hair...
She's such a doll! And she's changed so much in the past month or so too! I can't wait to watch Sydney grow and start doing all the things she's doing!!!
What cute pictures. I love the sink picture. Nice thinking. What will you do when she's crawling and you don't want her on the hotel floors? I always love the cute clothes you have her in for church. by the way, still loving your hair cut and you looked so nice and trim at Brooke's baby shower.
Post a Comment