What a big girl!

Lilypie

Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Visit to Santa

We didin't know what to expect with Leyna sitting on Santa's lap. She has started recognizing what a "stranger" is. She'll smile for strangers until they try taking her from mommy or daddy. We were very surprised when Juan put her on Santa's lap she didin't even care. She was just smiling at us and looking up at Santa. I was just waiting for her to pull his beard, but she never did. Santa was nice and gave her a candy cane which made Leyna very happy. We let her play with it not thinking she would be able to get to the candy through the wrapper, but boy were we wrong! When she wouldn't take the wrapper out of her mouth for nothing we kinda figured she was getting a little more than the wrapper, and sure enough she was.

Daddy taking Leyna to Santa
See that cute smile
I'm so bummed this picture with her looking at Santa turned out blurry... =(


If you look close you can see all the red drool in the candy
She's reaching for the candy cane. I took it away to try and get her to look at the camera.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

What cute pictures of the three of you. I;'m surprised that Leyna was so happy on Santa's lap, it seems like most small ones are afraid. She must have thought the candy cane was yummy, they are pretty smart.