What a big girl!

Lilypie

Friday, October 24, 2008

County Fair

So I'm a month late on posting about the fair as well, but I just had to put some of the pictures up. I love going to the fair! I mostly love going for the food! Yummy! I stuff my face so much when we go to the fair. Leyna and I got to go twice this year. We went with Juan and then again with my sister Brooke and her little girl Alaura. It was a lot of fun both times. Juan and I went on opening day. We didn't necessarily go on opening day because we were so anxious to go, which we were too, but we mostly went cus you got in free on that day if you got there early. That just meant we had more money to spend on fair food! =) When I was younger my family would never buy fair food, we would eat before. So now I just go crazy when I go and try everything.

All of us at the hypnotist show (the other main reason I go to the fair, this guy is hilarious!)
Juan with Leyna. I think this pic is funny because that guy behind them is looking right at the camera.
Juan tried to get hypnotised but no such luck. He's gone up 3 times over the past two year and just can't seem to go under. Man it would have been so funny seeing him up there. I think he's giving up on trying now. Three strikes, your out!

They had a turkey race. It was so funny! There's food in the truck so they run after it. Very amusing. =)


Leyna and I after the turkey races. The sun was in her eyes and she didn't like it.

She needed these for the picture above. =) Doesn't she look so cool?


TRIP #2 TO THE FAIR (with Brooke and Alaura this time)

This time we got in for FREE again. We went for preschool day or something like that. They opened the fair early in the day for younger kids to go. So this trip we got to look at all the animals. It was a lot of fun. I would have to say the highlights were this one goat and seeing a baby cow being born.

No, I didn't like the goat that much to where I wanted to kiss it. I was trying to get Alaura to act like she was gonna kiss it, but Brooke took a pic of me instead.

Leyna thought the animals were interesting...And NO she is not really touching that goat.


The goat wanted Brooke's skirt. It was so funny! It kept sticking it's head out as far as it could to get her. Alaura did not like that it was eating her mommy's skirt. That's her reaching to save her mommy.

Still trying to get Brooke

Here's the cow having a baby. I don't know if you can tell, but those are the hooves coming out. It looked so painful!

We didn't know how long it was gonna take so we went and looked at some other animals and then when we came back she had already had the baby. Can you believe how big that baby is?! Ouch!
Just some goofy pics
Isn't she so cute?!?

5 comments:

Jami said...

That looks so fun! I love Alaura trying to get the goat away from Brooke haha

Jami said...

I LOVE Leyna in those sunglasses! shes so cute!!!

The Brann's said...

How fun...That turkey race would be hilarious!!

Lisa Miller said...

Only a mom who has given birth would take a picture of a cow giving birth. You're hillarious. Love the pictures. I love the fair. I'm all about the food as well. That's my main movtivation in going. Sure you didn't kiss that goat!!!!

Gwen said...

your trip to the fair sounds and looks like fun, cute pictures.