What a big girl!

Lilypie

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where does time go?

Sorry this is kinda a long post...

I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I remember when we first found out we were pregnant and it felt like it was so far away for her to be born...well it's almost time and I can't believe it. I remember being so anxious to finally get that pregnant belly and not just look like I like to eat, and that belly is all here now! I wanted to get everything done in the nursery months before she would be born so I wouldn't have to worry about it when time got close, but here I am 3 weeks before she's due and it still isn't finished. I thought I had plenty of time, but that time has just flown by!

I went to the doctor's yesterday and got my first "fun" internal exam and I was shocked to hear that she has dropped and I'm dilated to about a 1. I was shocked, but its good because things are going as they are supposed to be. At the same time it put me into way crazy freak out mode. I still have so much to do and it made me realize that she really could be here any day. I was planning on getting so much done this past week, but things always seem to get in the way. Monday I was able to do some stuff, but I just can't move as fast as I used to before I had this big belly. Then on Tuesday I was out with my mom getting our hair cut and doing her nails, and then we celebrated Eric's birthday that night, so there went that day. That night when I got home I was feeling really sick and I kept waking up like every hour feeling really sick. Then I woke up and found out that almost everyone in my family was sick too. Great! We didn't know if we got food poisoning or if it was a flu. It hit all of us at the same time, so it seemed like food poisoning because we all ate at Brooke and Eric's that night. Brooke and Eric weren't sick though (I think they poisoned us) ;-) jk. Brooke was so worried that she got everyone sick, but it seemed like more of a stomach bug as time went on. Well all day Wednesday I was stuck in bed feeling like crap. I ended up throwing up twice. Only the babies, Caiden and Alaura, were the other ones that threw up. I got to be one of the lucky ones to get hit hard with it. When night came I still felt really sick and then I started contracting a lot(every few minutes from like 8pm-2am). It was not fun. I took a bath hoping that would calm it down and it helped. After 2 am I finally slept a lot better. Thursday I still didn't feel 100%. I still felt exhausted and had no appetite. I didn't get much done but some laundry and make dinner. It was so frustrating! Friday I went to the doctor's and then when I got home I started tearing apart all my cupboards and stuff. For some reason I feel like I have to have everything completely organized in my whole apartment, plus I'm trying to make more space for all her stuff, cus we are very limited on space here. So I'm probably making more work for my self than I should, but I'm just a nut like that... =)



Last night Juan and I picked up some food and went to the park and had a picnic. It was nice to get out. Then we went walking around. I always thought it was funny when I heard that women would say that they felt like the baby was gonna drop out. It's a funny way to put it, but the pressure of the baby's head really causes that feeling and I felt that the whole time we were walking. Pregnancy is such a crazy thing. The things us women have to go through to bring a baby into this world. =) Over all though I am feeling pretty good. Not feeling real uncomfortable. The main thing is that I am still feeling real exhausted and feel like I have to take a break every 15-30 minutes of doing stuff. I thought the end would be the worst part, but I felt way worse in the beginning. Hopefully things will continue to go so smooth. My doctor's says he thinks it seems like I could have an easy labor. I sure hope so! I guess we'll see soon, hopefully not too soon though, I'm not ready. =) Hopefully I don't put myself into early labor...



Here's a picture of me at the park last night. Juan said I look bigger in the pic than I really am, but maybe he was just trying to be nice. =)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Even if the pic makes you look bigger you're still TINY! You should have seen my belly. It was huge. Everybody was convinced I was never having the baby because I was always big and thought I would pop at anytime (little did they know I was only 7 months prego) I can't wait to see pics of her.

Lisa Miller said...

Ah, memories of pregnancy. We all know how you feel. Nesting, Nesting, Nesting!!! I loved my 3rd trimester. It was the best. Even though I was peeing every 5 minutes because my babies hung out on top of my bladder. You look beautiful. How fun for you (and Juan)!!! I want to hear all about your labor and delivery. Never understood until I was a mom myself why moms always want to hear everyone else's labor and delivery stories. Post it on your blog or I'll be asking.

The Liddells said...

Oh, you're so cute! Happy Mother's Day!!!! I was going to call you today, but I didn't end up having much time. Sorry. Hope you had a good day, I mean, you are a mother now...WEIRD. You better tell me when she arrives...I don't want to be the last one to know like three weeks later. Anyway, I'll talk to you later.

The Brann's said...

You belly is SO not big. You still look fantastic!! Sounds like youre well into the "nesting" process....that baby's going to be here before you know it. I'm so excited for you!!!

Krystal said...

I have to agree with everone else you are not big at all you look so cute. I'm excited for you its coming so fast.